[TN-Bird] Yellow-throated Warbler, N. Parula in Cheatham Co.

  • From: Jan Shaw <jankshaw1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-BIRD <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 15:44:30 -0500

4-2-2014
Narrows of the Harpeth
Cheatham Co.

I was in Cheatham Co. this morning, so did a side trip to Narrows of the
Harpeth which is part of Harpeth River State Park. I heard and saw my FOS
Yellow-throated Warblers (one of my favorites) and Northern Parulas, plus
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, a Phoebe building a nest against the bluff, and N.
Rough-winged Swallows. No Cliff Swallows were seen at their usual bridge
breeding sites. Richard Connors came along later and we added a Hairy
Woodpecker. He had seen a White-eyed Vireo at the Gossett Track and some
Wild Turkeys near Mound Bottom, and may have more to post later.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN