[TN-Bird] Yellow-headed Blackbirds and Swallows in Lincoln County

  • From: "Martin Hall" <rmhall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 02:27:13 -0500

I saw a flock of about 50 Yellow-headed Blackbirds this morning on a farm
near the Elk River this morning near Fayetteville in Lincoln Co. I've seen
them in the books for years but this is the first time I've ever seen a real
one. They were feeding in a field of standing wheat.
Later this afternoon, I was fishing near the AL state line and had four
types of swallows cruising the water. There were Barn Swallows, Tree
Swallows (which are very tame, by the way), Bank Swallow and Purple Martins.
Between the birds and the bucket full of hand-sized Bream I caught, it was a
very good day.

Martin Hall

Moore County, Lynchburg, TN