[TN-Bird] Yard & Nearby Birds Bedford Co TN

  • From: R M J Turrentine <avocet1990@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:30:51 -0600

We have been excited to watch our birds as everyone else has. Here is what
we have seen thus far since the inclement weather began Monday, February
16th.

Yard= Our Backyard...made mostlyoak beech hickory woods    W= Same Woods
but on our trail     R= Rippy Ridge Road...  all in Normandy TN Bedford
County

*Yard   Woods    Road*

Red-Bellied Woodpecker  male & female
Downy Woodpecker        male & female
Blue Jay
American Crow
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch- often spreading its wings display towrd other,
especially the Carolina Wren
Carolina Wren

*Yard   Woods*

Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker

*Road*
Eastern Phoebe
Brown Thrasher
American Robin (small flock ~20 or so)
Hermit Thrush (8-10 in one 1.5 mile walk)

*Yard & Road*

Eastern Bluebird  (~ 7 on road...pair at waterer...also have been roosting
in Bluebird Box near road)
Cardinals- both sexes
Rufous Sided Towhee- both sexes*
Dark-eyed junco- numerous
White-throated Sparrows

*Walk only*
Pileated Woodpecker

*Yard only*

Purple Finch- male only  (friend nearby has both sexes...1 pair)
American Goldfinches- Many  (30+)
Fox Sparrow

Also of note:

Bedford Lake last week had several species of ducks spotted by
friends...including Buffleheads, Lesser Scaup...Pied Billed Grebes
 Ring-necked Ducks...
Normandy Lake ~ 3 weeks ago had many Horned Grebes at Boat Ramp near dam

I heard White-crowned Sparrows last week in Wartrace TN (Bedford Co) near
Cascade School

No Kinglets seen when I have been able to bird in local area but have seen
Cedar Waxwings in small flocks
Of course, Canada Geese are near all bodies of water!

Melissa Turrentine
Normandy TN
Bedford Co