[TN-Bird] Wigeons at Murfree Spring

  • From: Rebecca Kinne <rkinne55@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 20:26:59 -0500

I was just at Murfree Spring at Discovery Center in Murfreesboro.  I didn't
get too far with my walk since I got to talking with some other visitors.
Even so, I still found some interesting birds, incl. a pair of American
Wigeons.  Being a newbie  I tried to include photos for confirmation, but
they made the message too large.   Now I am home & checked my photos
against my Stokes & am sure on the id.  There was also a lone American Coot
& two pairs of Wood Ducks. Two of the latter were high in a tree, perhaps
scouting a nest site.

Rebecca Kinne
Smyrna, Rutherford County, TN