[TN-Bird] Re: White-winged Scoter totals

  • From: "Dave Spicer" <birdsnbflys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 10:33:52 -0500

Here’s a picture of some of the White-winged Scoters that were in the area just
above the dam yesterday morning. I had counted 40 in a distant group not long
before I took this picture and if I’ve counted correctly there are 50 in this
group. Those in the picture were just part of what was there, this was simply
the largest, closest group.

This isn’t the best possible picture due to lighting and distance but it
conveys the idea. In addition to these we saw at least 5 more from Booker T.
Washington Park and a group from Cookeville had at least two more fly by off of
Vincent Rd.

I heard reports of others seeing a Black and several Surf Scoters in the Booker
T Washington Park area but we didn’t have any luck finding them.

If anyone did get a count of what was there yesterday I would like to hear the
total.

Dave Spicer
Hamilton County, Ooltewah, TN