[TN-Bird] White Pelican East Tennessee- posted by Nell Moore

  • From: "jimimoore@xxxxxxxx" <jimimoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:02:46 GMT

Monday afternoon   2:25  pm I just returned home to get my camera to go back
and hopefully  document a WHITE PELICAN at Cove Lake State Park, Caryville, TN
Campbell County, N. of Knoxville. I glimpsed a large white bird distantly out
on the ice from the highway. Thinking the size merited checking to see which
"swan species" was present, I pulled into the park then walked out towards the
dock mid way. To my shock and surprise it was a  White Pelican standing around
on the ice, a first for the park to my knowledge. Heading back now to try and
photograph, but wanted to get the word out asap.
Nell MooreCaryville, TN     ANY REPLIES/inquiries - SEND TO
moorephotography@xxxxxxxxxxx