[TN-Bird] White Ibis - Catoosa Co. 7/20/11

  • From: David Hollie <featherbrain1223@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GABO-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 15:57:19 -0400

I guess it's that time of year again. Already seen lots of reports of
post-breeding dispersal with a variety of species, but didn't expect this to
happen in my yard!
Yesterday evening I had three juvenile White Ibis foraging in a small wet
area behind the pond at my house. Quite an unexpected yard bird, #175! They
hung around for about 45 minutes, moving out onto the open lawn having lots
of fun with the abundant insect life. They were fairly tame, allowing close
approach.
Link to a photo of one of the individuals:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/5960882812/

--

David Hollie
Ringgold, GA