[tn-bird] Warbling vireo

  • From: PYRPYRFECT@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:04:18 EDT

I went to the Shelby Forest General Store this noon for my weekly
cheeseburger, fries and hostess cupcake.  Upon leaving, I was astounded to
see a man peering through binoculars at a bird singing in a tree across the
road.  Since all my store buddies think I am very wierd because I look at
birds instead of just blasting every one I see, it was a revelation to see
anyone so interested.  He introduced himself as an associate of Paul Hamel's,
doing some bird survey work in Shelby Forest state park.  We agreed that the
invisible singer was a warbling vireo, a season first for us both.

Van Harris
Millington, TN