[TN-Bird] Re: Warbler song ID help

  • From: Chris Sloan <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 15:10:45 -0500

That's a tough one. My best guess would be goldfinch. Seems too far off
for either Nashville or Yellow-rump to me.

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN
http://www.chrissloanphotography.com

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Daniel Estabrooks <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Tennessee bird peoples,

My dad got this recording on April 23 in Andersonville:

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-estabrooks/audio-quiz-4-23-15

Lots of stuff going on in there, but the prominent song starting at about
4 seconds is what I'm interested in. To me, it sounds most like Nashville
Warbler. But my gut says Yellow-rumped, since they're much more common and
their songs are so variable. Plus, there were apparently lots of
goldfinches around, and they can come up with all kinds of bizarre songs.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Daniel Estabrooks
Winter Haven, FL