[TN-Bird] Walter S Davis Blvd Marsh,, Little Blue Herons

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 08:05:32 -0500

Walter S. Davis Blvd Marsh
Nashville, Davidson Co., TN
2014 August 11
7:15 am

This Monday morning I stopped at the Walter S. Davis Blvd Marsh on my
way to work. The Saturday rains that hit much of Davidson County (but
completely missed Bellevue where I live) have filled up the lake so that
there is no mud showing. There was much bird chatter at the little pull
off to view the lake. As I scanned the lake for herons and egrets, I saw
3 herons fly low over the lake, and two of them landed on a large dead
tree snag on my side of the lake. They stayed there for several minutes,
during which time my brain slowly realized that they were adult LITTLE
BLUE HERONs. That species is uncommon in Davidson Co. and turned out to
be a new species for my list at the marsh.

Frank Fekel
Bellevue, TN
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)

              Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
                       Clemson, SC

                      MAP RESOURCES