[TN-Bird] Walter S. Davis Blvd Marsh -- Gr. White-fronted Goose

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 07:35:34 -0600

Walter S. Davis Blvd Marsh
Nashville, Davidson Co., TN
2015 Feb. 26
7:15 am

On my way to work this bright Thursday morning I made my usual stop
at Walter S. Davis Blvd Marsh next to the TSU campus. The light snow
cover made for a lovely picture and the lake was perhaps half frozen.
As I scanned a large flock of 50+ CANADA GEESE at the edge of the ice
and in the open water, I found a single GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE
with the flock, a new species for my marsh list, which now totals
125.

Frank Fekel
Bellevue, TN
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)

                       Clemson, SC