[TN-Bird] Visiting Gatlinburg - looking for help

  • From: Stephanie Sykes <ssykes1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:33:21 -0800

I will be visiting Tennessee from the 27 of March to 5 April.  I
haven't been to your area before and would like to do some birding
while there.  I will be at the Arrowmont School for the week so birding
during the day is not possible but morning trips are.  I figure I will
have a couple of hours each morning if I get myself out of bed early
enough...Then, I drive to Nashville for a couple of days, Saturday the
2nd to Monday the 4th.  I am looking for some guidance about where I
might go on my morning trips and then what areas I should not miss on
the weekend.  I will have a car and can hike a bit if needed.  Should I
be concerned about heading out alone?  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.  You are welcome to contact me off list.  Thank you so
much for your help, I look forward to seeing a bunch of new birds and
the Smokies as well.

Stephanie Sykes
Seattle Washington
ssykes1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx