[TN-Bird] Vireo and Owls

  • From: K Dean EDWARDS <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:31:31 -0500 (EST)

Finally got a migrant moving through the backyard this morning (26 March,
Knox Co., TN).  Heard a Blue-headed Vireo singing when I took the dogs
out before work this morning.  Ran inside to get the binocs and was
able to watch him work is way through the trees.

The last two nights, we've been double-ly serenaded.  Barred Owls have
joined the Great Horned Owls... not sure how this will work out.  The
Barred Owls have been calling from the bottom of the hill towards the
low wet area near the intersection of Middlebrook and Bob Kirby Road.

Tree Swallows have claimed one of the nest boxes at NTRC where I work
and an Eastern Bluebird has been fighting his reflection in car windows
and mirrors in the parking lot.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN