[tn-bird] VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE

  • From: Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:12:09 -0300

TN-Birders:

        The TN-Birds Net is now in full moderation.  Every
message coming into the network will be first sent to
my attention and then I will moderate the message to
try and assure its safe passage to your machines.

        This security measure became effective Thursday,
June 20, at 3:57 p.m. Eastern and 2:57 p.m. Centeral.

        The Klez worm virus has invaded millions of
computers and systems around the world and has
reached an epidemic state.

        I am fully aware that some of you have systems
that cannot be attacked by a virus.  I am aware that
most of you have virus detection software that protects
your machine.

        However, the configuration of the TN-Birds Net
has so far defended itself from more than 100 Klez
virus attacks since late May.  These messages are
being filtered and sent to my machine for moderation
and I have been successful in killing off several each
day.

        However, there are other known and specific
ways that the Klez virus can defeat our filtering and
moderation has been put in place to help assure that
we provide one more level of protection.

        The engineers, programers, and owner of our
listserver has recommended this one additional step.

        I trust you will all will be understanding until we
get past this problem.

        This subject will not be open for comment or
debate over the TN-Birds list.  If, however, you
must comment, then I will be glad to privately read your
views but will not respond to everyone who writes.

        Thanks and.......

        Let's go birding......

Wallace Coffey
Owner