[TN-Bird] Update on Murfreesboro Scissor-Tailed Flycatchers - Three Birds

  • From: "kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx"<kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:25:55 -0500

Shortly after arriving home after posting last night's update on the scissor-
tails, I had to leave the house again.  This time, a pair of ADULT scissor
tails were sitting on the wires across from the Publix (Hwy 99 & St. Andrews).
They were absolutely gorgeous...the way the sun was hitting them made them
almost appear to be lit from within.  It was absolutely amazing...along with
the long tails tails slowly moving as they sat side by side.

Since I finally seen two adults together, this means there are at LEAST three
birds there, including the young bird seen yesterday.

If you happen to visit, be sure to stop at Walgreens.  There is a swallow
nesting above the doors.  I couldn't tell what kind because the night lights
were on and were blinding me.  The clerk could only tell me it had a forked
tail.

Kristy Baker
Rockvale, TN

Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless