[TN-Bird] Update Whoopers in Tn.

  • From: JimmWilkerson@xxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:57:14 EST

According to our best information the 2002 migration is now grounged in
Fentress County.  There were strong head winds of  7-10 MPH  that prevented
any furthur migration for today (Friday).  Therefore, the post yesterday
about the cranes being at Hiwassee Refuge on Saturday morning is now null and
void.  In our conversation this morning with a representative of USFWS it
also appears the weather will be to bad for them to make any furthur progress
for the next several days thereby dashing my hope that the cranes might still
be at Hiwassee on Sunday morning.

We will try and keep you posted as to when we think they may finally arrive
at the refuge.

Jimmy Wilkerson
Hixson, Tn.