[TN-Bird] Upcoming NTOS Fall Flock at Shelby Park & Bottoms Sep. 17

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:08:52 -0500

    On Saturday, September 17, the Nashville chapter of the Tenn.
Ornithological Society will sponsor its annual kick-off event, the
Fall Flock outing/field trip at Shelby Park in Nashville.  We will
meet at 7:00 am at the Shelby Park Community Center parking lot
at 401 S 20th St. We will first bird the path around Mission Hill
and then a portion of Section I of the Bottoms, planning to finish
by roughly 11:00 am.  Afterward, Mary Zimmerman has invited us to
her home (2806 Huntleigh Dr.), which is very close to the Bottoms,
so bring you lunch along.

Directions to the Community Center are as follows:  Take the
Shelby Ave. exit from I-24 (east side of downtown). At the ramp
stop light turn east (away from the city) onto Shelby Ave.
Continue on Shelby Ave., making a left turn onto S 20th St. The
parking lot is on your right past the center at its northern
end.

For additional information about this site see:

http://www.mindspring.com/~tnwarbler/NTOS/localN.html

IMPORTANT NOTE: There will be NO NTOS meeting at the Radnor
Lake Visitor's Center in September.

Frank Fekel
Field Trip Coordinator
Nashville chapter of TOS
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)

              Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
                       Clemson, SC

                      MAP RESOURCES