[TN-Bird] Upcoming Knox Co Fall Count

  • From: sparverius@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:13:18 +0000 (UTC)

Knox County Fall Count

The Knox County Fall Count will be held on Sunday, 28 September 2014.
Please contact the compiler if you are interested in participating.
If you normally participate but will not be able to do so this year,
please let me know in advance so I can try to assign someone else to
cover your territory.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate by either
joining a field party or counting birds in your own neighborhood
(if you live in Knox Co) similar to Project Feederwatch or the
Great Backyard Bird Count.

Submit your results to the compiler (Dean Edwards, kde@xxxxxxx )
as soon as possible after the count.

Results should include:
- checklist with number of individuals for each species observed,
- location covered,
- time of day you started and stopped counting,
- separate tallies of miles and hours travelled by foot, car, etc,
- tally of miles and hours spent owling,
- tally of hours spent feederwatching,
- names of all participants with contact information for at least
one person in the party.

You may also be asked to provide documentation for any rare
or unusual species.

If you plan to participate or have any further questions, please
contact the compiler.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN