[TN-Bird] Unexpected Yard Bird

  • From: Douglas Downs <douglas_downs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TennBird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:47:22 -0600

While walking the dog this morning, I was somewhat shocked to hear the
persistent "peent, peent" of an American Woodcock in the grassy lot next to our
yard.  As I listened more closely during our walk, the "peents" were always
followed by the chittering and twittering of the aerial display.  There are
several fields and excellent borderline areas around our neighborhood, so that
might explain this unexpected visitor.  A new yard bird on a chilly February
morning!
Doug DownsSparta, White County, TN