[TN-Bird] Uncle Jeff Wilson

  • From: JaneLWilson@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:16:58 -0500 (EST)

Everyone,
For many years I have lurked in the background of TNBird. Most of the  time
it was to see what rare treats my Uncle Jeff had found during his
adventures, or to learn some new identification clues. I had the  opportunity
bird with Jeff several times in West and East TN  and like you I was always
amazed at his knowledge.

Over the years I have met some of you; whether it was in Kentucky  locating
a Snowy Owl, or in that line of scopes at the Sandhill  Crane Festival.  My
family has been shocked beyond belief in Uncle  Jeff's passing.  Please
know that your many posts this day have been a  soothing balm to my grief and
they will be passed along to his  family.

Now, as you go out into the field, pass along to the next generation of
birders the knowledge you have gleaned from Ol' Coot.

Jane L. Wilson
Knoxville, TN