[TN-Bird] US migrants in large numbers at Veracruz banding station

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 15:14:49 -0400

The following is a forward of a post from OAPSA, Minatitlan Veracruz which
gives us some insight to how migration is flowing out of the eastern US thru
their area. Enjoy.

Wallace Coffey

Bristol, TN

In few words, this week we captured 1998 birds with an effort of 254 hours
mistnet..Mean 7.86 bird per hour mistnet...Not bad...

here the resume by species

White-bellied Emerald 1

Green Heron 1 (huge migration of this species this week)

Canada Warbler 4

Wilson's Warbler 1

Swainson's Thrush 2

Common Ground Dove 1 (they just arrived)

Eastern Wood Pewee 7

Groove-billed Ani 8 (We saw migrating hundreds)

White-throated Flycatcher 1

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 2

Willow/Alder Flycatcher 378

Acadian Flycatcher 1

Kentucky Warbler 6

Mourning Warbler 5

Grey-crowned Yellowthroat 3

Common Yellowthroat 6

Yellow-breasted Chat 788

Baltimore Oriole 257

Orchard Oriole 115

Least Bittern 1

Swainson's Warbler 1

Black and White Warbler 4

Great-crested Flycatcher 79

Tennesse Warbler 3

Northern Waterthrush 141

Blue Grosbeak 5

Painted Bunting 1

Summer Tanager 1

Prothonotary Wabler 7

Ovenbird 13

Hooded Warbler 10

Blackburnian Warbler 1

Magnolia Warbler 2

Yellow Warbler 272

American Redstart 4

Northern Rough-winged Swallow 1

Dickcissel 1

White-collared Seedeater 12

Blue-gray Tanager 1

Common Tody Flycatcher 1

Clay-colored Thrush 1

Tropical Kingbird 1

Eastern Kingbird 24

Lawrence's Warbler 1

Blue-winged Warbler 3

Yellow-throated Vireo 1

Red-eyed Vireo 13

What a week...How will be the next coming.. who knows..we will.

All the best

Manuel