[TN-Bird] Two White-winged Doves

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 00:53:03 -0400 (EDT)

Aug. 13, 2011
President's Island
Shelby Co. TN

I met Gail King down on the island today about noon. After a  long search
we came across one White-winged Dove perched with a group of mixed  doves.
This bird stayed put and we had a detailed study of its structure  and
behavior for the good part of an hour. Gail got so good that she picked up a
second bird by just having a fleeting look the head and bill through her
glasses
at about 50 yards. It took a few minutes before the second bird flew out
into  the open and then the two sat on a wire above the road.

Photos at: _http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/137202523_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/137202523)

Good  Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington  Rd.
Bartlett, TN. 38135_http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/)
What is this  feathered thing that lifts my heart to the  heavens.