[TN-Bird] Trip List for 6-6-06 to 6-17-06

  • From: Jacob Job <zjrj5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:57:24 -0700 (PDT)

I took a trip out west recently and got a few new life listers for myself (60).
 My trip list went as follows:

  Great Blue Heron
  Black-crowned Night-Heron
  Canada Goose
  Mallard
  Turkey Vulture
  California Condor
  Coopers Hawk
  Red-tailed Hawk
  American Kestrel
  Prairie Falcon
  Ring-necked Pheasant
  Blue Grouse
  Gambel's Quail
  Spotted Sandpiper
  Rock Pigeon
  Band-tailed Pigeon
  Mourning Dove
  Yellow-billed Cuckoo
  White-throated Swift
  Nests for Black Swift with possible individual seen, but not conclusive (Box
Canyon Ouray, Co)
  Black-chinned Humingbird
  Anna's Hummingbird
  Broad-tailed Hummingbird
  Lewis's Woodpecker
  Acorn Woodpecker
  Gila Woodpecker
  Ladder-backed Woodpecker
  Hairy Woodpecker
  Red-shafted Northern Flicker
  Cordilleran Flycatcher
  Black Phoebe
  Vermillion Flycatcher
  Ash-throated Flycatcher
  Cassin's Kingbird
  Western Kingbird
  Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
  Horned Lark
  Tree Swallow
  Violet-green Swallow
  Northern Rough-winged Swallow
  Cliff Swallow
  Barn Swallow
  Stellar's Jay
  Western Scrub Jay
  Black-billed Magpie
  American Crow
  Common Raven
  Mountain Chickadee
  Juniper Titmouse
  Bushtit
  White-breasted Nuthatch
  Pygmy Nuthatch
  Brown Creeper
  Rock Wren
  Canyon Wren
  Bewick's Wren
  House Wren
  Ruby-crowned Kinglet
  Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
  Western Bluebird
  Mountain Bluebird
  Swainson's Thrush
  American Robin
  Northern Mockingbird
  Phainopepla
  European Starling
  Bell's Vireo
  Gray Vireo
  Plumbeous Vireo
  Virginia's Warbler
  Lucy's Warbler
  Yellow Warbler
  Audubon's Yellow-rumped Warbler
  Black-throated Gray Warbler
  Grace's Warbler
  Common Yellowthroat
  Wilson's Warbler
  Painted Redstart
  Summer Tanager
  Western Tanager
  Northern Cardinal
  Black-headed Grosbeak
  Green-tailed Towhee
  Spotted Towhee
  Canyon Towhee
  Abert's Towhee
  Chipping Sparrow
  Vesper Sparrow
  Black-throated Sparrow
  Song Sparrow
  Red-backed Dark-eyed Junco
  Red-winged Blackbird
  Western Meadowlark
  Brewer's Blackbird
  Great-tailed Grackle
  Brown-headed Cowbird
  Hooded Oriole
  Bullock's Oriole
  Scott's Oriole
  Pine Grosbeak
  Cassin's Finch
  House Finch
  Red Crossbill
  Pine Siskin
  Lesser Goldfinch
  American Goldfinch
  House Sparrow
  And numerous others that went unidentified because I was with family that
didnt see why it mattered to stop at every bird along the way through 4 states
in the southwest, but such is life.  Ill take what I can get and what I got was
a lot of great memories of all the new birds on my list.

  The second part of this post is for some guidance to help me find the few
birds I still need here in Chattanooga.  Im going to list them and if anyone
can point me to the easiest places to find them, I would greatly appreciate it.
 Thank you!!

  Black-billed Cuckoo
  Great Horned Owl
  Whip-poor-will