[TN-Bird] Tree Swallow - Chickamauga Dam 2/2/13

  • From: David Hollie <featherbrain1223@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 15:47:23 -0500

I failed to mention that in my (unsuccessful) search for the Western Grebe
yesterday, I came across a Tree Swallow actively foraging over the water.
This is a personal early date, but not too unusual considering that there
have been a couple of reports from as close as the Atlanta area already. I
would be interested to know if anybody has any Hamilton County records
earlier than this. Looking on eBird, there isn't even a Tennessee record
earlier than this, but I know it's only because of lack of data (yes, this
is a hint to try to encourage more people to use eBird!).
Here's a link to the complete list:

Also of note was a group of 19 Redhead at Amnicola Marsh. I was surprised
to find that many in that habitat. There was also a group of Hooded
Mergansers displaying actively putting on a really nice show!

Good Birding!

--

David Hollie
Ringgold, GA