[TN-Bird] Tree Sparrow in Bellevue TN

  • From: fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:38:16 -0600 (CST)

River Plantation Section X
Davidson Co.
Bellevue, TN

Sunday's cold brought a smile to the faces of my wife Bonnie
and me.  We enjoyed watching a single TREE SPARROW come to
the bird seed spread on the ground below the feeders at
our home on the southwest side of Nashville.  It was
feeding there for most of the day along with several other
types of sparrows.  We had nice comparisons with several
FIELD SPARROWS that also visited.  Although the TREE SPARROW's
plumage was not as bright as others I have seen, we got great
looks at its full rufous cap, bicolored bill, and stickpin
breastspot while we stood inside our warm house.

--
Frank Fekel
Tennessee State University