[TN-Bird] Thrush question

  • From: Gaynell Perry <gcperry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird Birds Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sam Lawson <legosw17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 18:12:26 -0500

Sam, Swainson's is more common, though both are possible right now.

Here's a helpful article on that pesky thrush i.d.   It will assist you in
sorting them out.
http://blog.allaboutbirds.org/2014/04/23/spring-thrush-animated-migration-map-identification/

Sam, do you have that indispensable little book Seasonal Occurrences of Shelby
County Birds…the one I gave out at Shelby Forest last spring?  If not, it can
also be found here http://www.tnbirds.org/chapters/Memphis/ShelbyCoChecklist.pdf

Good birding!
Gaynell Perry
Memphis