[tn-bird] Re: They are NOT a myth!!

  • From: Charlie <cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:19:49 -0700 (PDT)

Leslie,

Come to Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  I'll show your full of
Hooded Warblers.  Then you can show me some Missouri birds sometime.
How far from Eurasian Tree Sparrows are you?

Charlie

\--- Leslie Keith Koller <lkkoller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Goodness, you are on the wrong list!  I trip all over Seaside
> Sparrow every
> time I go to Anahuac NWR, Texas. They are common as dirt!  However,
> after 10
> yrs birding, I still haven't got Hooded Warbler!  And it even
> breeds here
> (or so the book says....I think it's a conspiracy)....
>
> Also, all peep sandpipers are the same, i don't care what ANYONE
> says!  :-)
>
> Leslie Keith Koller
> Sikeston, New Madrid County,
> Down in the Bootheel,
> Missouri

=====
Charlie Muise, Senior Naturalist
Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont
Townsend, TN  lat 35 deg, 38'23"  long 83 deg, 41'22"

"Do something. If it works, do it again. If it does not work, do something
else. But above all else: Do Something." (Franklin Delano Roosevelt)