[TN-Bird] The Duck has reopened for traffic, need help with ID one bird

  • From: queen mab <queenmab001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:09:29 -0700 (PDT)

05-23-13
Duck River Unit
New Johnsonville,TN

Yesterday evening I received a call informing me the Duck River Unit might
reopend today or Friday. I took the chance it would be today and it did not
open until around 0900. I only scanned Refuge Lane, but might go back tomorrow
for Pump Station Rd. if driving a car, be careful in the back because there is
still quite a bit of debris. If anyone goes out there and finds a pair of
bifocals--they are mine.

juvenile Bald Eagle
Great Egret
Great Blue Heron
Green Heron
Canada Geese
There was one goose amongst the Canada Geese, sending pic to know if Snow or
Ross's
One American Avocet in breeding plumage
I am sending multiple pics, possibly plover in breeding plumage, unsure whish
one it is, but it did not have a black crown, please help with ID
Wilson's Phalarope
Multiple shore birds I am in the middle of IDing

Marnie Mitchell
Rutherford County