[TN-Bird] Thayer's Gull, Continuing Western Grebe.

  • From: Ruben Stoll <birdchaserrws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 18:17:26 -0600

November 14th 2015
Trailer Road, Kentucky Lake, Henry County.
Alan Troyer and I spent all day from dawn to dark around Kentucky Lake
from Pace Point to Paris Landing.
Very slow day for most of the day, but persistence finally paid off on
our last stop at Trailer Road. (Good looks at an adult THAYER'S GULL, and
at probably the same, Continuing WESTERN GREBE.)
This, with the regular four and a lone Franklin's, made a total of six
gull species for the day, which is the highest I've had in Tennessee.
We did see an immature Golden Eagle at Bennet's Creek, and checked Vesper
Sparrow off Alan's year list at Britton Ford.
Good birding! Ruben Stoll, Centerville TN