[TN-Bird] Re: Thank You, Charles Murray!

  • From: Viclcsw@xxxxxxx
  • To: ahofftn@xxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:04:23 -0500 (EST)

Thank you, Audrey, for expressing what so many people think and feel about
the reliable reports and research Charles has contributed.  In  addition to
the assistance he gave to all those interested in viewing the Hooded
Crane, many also saw bald eagles, whooping cranes and sandhill cranes for the
first time.

This record, along with David Aborn's  important research regarding
festival  attendees, offers valuable information  for future conservation
efforts
in this area.

In my opiinion, there is no can of worms when it comes to  the financial
issue.  We, meaning every citizen in TN, but especially  those of us who spend
many hours enjoying wildlife and the outdoors, must  make a more
substantial, visible and reliable contribution to the  conservation of wildlife
and
wildlife habitat in  Tennessee.  It is up to us to create innovative ways to
accomplish  this.

Vickie Henderson
Knoxville, TN
Knox County

In a message dated 2/3/2012 4:38:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ahofftn@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I just want to publicly  thank Charles Murray for his dedication to the
Hiwassee Island sightings these  past weeks.  His reports have been very
interesting to read, with  the total of visitors and their origins (which are
more
easily verified than  that of the Hooded Crane!), and the time that he has
spend, both at the site  and in compiling the statistics of the "human
visitors", is  amazing!  His consistant reporting of sightings of the Hooded
Crane  has helped birders from across the US with their travel plans.

The presence of the Hooded Crane (whatever it's final "countability"  is
determined), and also of the Whooping Cranes, has brought attention to the
natural resources of East Tennessee. And Charles has greatly enhanced this
with his reports.

Hopefully his statistics can be used to highlight the economical impact
that birding can have in an area.  "Opening-a-can-of-worms-here"   Just think,
if each birder paid just $5.00 to access Hiwassee......

Thank you, Charles.

 Audrey Hoff (Yes, I  saw The Crane)
Knoxville

Audrey  Hoff
I think that I think, therefore I  am.......maybe.......