[TN-Bird] Tennessee Warblers and RT Hummingbirds

  • From: "BirdsandTrails" <BirdsandTrails@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:08:07 -0500

I responded (privately) yesterday to Dev Joslin's note for observatons of the
TE WA.
He said I was the only one responding as I had.
So I thought I would post this note.

TEWA love the nectar from my Pineapple Sage plants.
They frequently share the same bush with RTHU.
I've had as many as twenty TEWA at a time in the same bush.  They love it.
I've not had them on the hummingbird feeders, but perhaps it is because I have
four large Pineapple Sage plants just above my back patio and they don't need
feeder nectar.

I'm really surprised that more people haven't observed and responded about this
behaviour in these little warblers.

I really miss my RT Hummingbirds.
My last sighting was on Oct. 26 before we went out of town.

Carol Fegarido
Chattanooga, TN
Hamilton county