[TN-Bird] Tennessee Golden Eagle tracking project

  • From: Scott Somershoe <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 04:31:15 +0000

As a follow up to previously posted information on the Golden Eagle project
currently ongoing in Tennessee, I will be creating a page on the Tennessee's
Watchable Wildlife web site for this project.  I am again coordinating the
project with many folks with TWRA and in partnership with The Nature
Conservancy, US Fish and Wildlife Service, US Forest Service, and Todd
Katzner's Golden Eagle research group including Mike Lanzone and Trish Miller.
I'll be posting information on the web page about the project, what we've
found, and what the tracked Golden Eagle is doing.  Hopefully there will be
more birds being tracked via cellular technology soon!

The web page is in the works.  I hope to have something up in the next week or
so, however my time is extremely limited right now with several ongoing
projects at work.  In the meantime, I will post appropriate information here.

Once the research effort is complete in a week or so, I'll post a summary of
where and when we had Golden Eagles on study sites, much as I did last year.
It will likely be a little while until we have a full assessment of images to
tally birds and other wildlife coming to study sites, i.e. ravens, red-tailed
hawks, etc., but I'll post highlights of that when completed (like I did last
year).

It's a pretty exciting time right now with birds in Tennessee!!

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe

State Ornithologist
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency