[TN-Bird] Tennessee Conservationist article

  • From: Susan McWhirter <snmcwhirter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 11:15:19 -0500

Our congratulations to Tony Lance for a wonderful article in the May/June
Conservationist on Henslow's Sparrows at Fort Campbell, beautifully
enhanced by Ed Schneider's photographs. We have long envied Daniel Moss for
getting paid to keep track of these birds!

There is a wealth of information about habitat needs that will help us
identify other areas that might host this elusive species and about how the
Army's activities have actually helped the population.

Great job, y'all!

Mac and Susan McWhirter
Rock Island, TN
Warren Co.