[tn-bird] Tennessee Aquarium Colorado Trip

  • From: "Kevin A. Calhoon" <kac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:57:13 -0500

There are still a couple of spaces left on this trip.  The deadline is March
8 so if you are interested let me know soon.  It will be a gerat trip!
Kevin Calhoon

The Tennessee Aquarium will be offering a trip to Colorado to view
displaying grouse species from April 2-7, 2002. The recently split Gunnison
Sage Grouse as well as Sharp-tailed and Greater Sage Grouse will be the
focus. We will also look for White-tailed Ptarmigan if the weather permits.
The trip will be lead by (me) Kevin Calhoon. (Bio.available upon request)

It will begin in Denver and we will bird the Guanella Pass (White-tailed
Ptarmigan) looking for high altitude species (weather permitting). We will
then head west to Gunnison and view the only Gunnison Sage Grouse lek open
to the public.

From Gunnison we will head northwest to Craig and Hayden where we will
observe both Sage and Sharp-tailed Grouse leks.

We will then head towards Fort Collins through the 9,000-foot Rabbit Ears
Pass. We will spend the night in Fort Collins and then head back to Denver
the next day.

The scenery throughout this trip will be fantastic and we should see alot of

large mammals well as birds!

We will of course be birding on the way, between grouse sites, and at any
opportunity. Those who have gone on my any of my trips know that we will be
no shortage of serious birding! I will be monitoring the local RBA's for
rarities and will do my best to accommodate listing needs.

The trip price is 575$ for Tennessee Aquarium members and 610$ for
non-members (not including airfare)

This will be a fantastic trip and the maximum is 12, so don't wait too long
if you are interested!

For more information you can contact me at kac@xxxxxxxxxx
</cgi-bin/compose?curmbox=F000000001&a=bf16af686375dbe48a24a03a333c2b96&mail
to=1&to=kac@xxxxxxxxxx&msg=MSG1009573820.52&start=715417&len=4419&src=&type=
x> or call at
423-785-4070.

Kevin Calhoon