[TN-Bird] Re: Take 2 :Hawk ID Question

  • From: "Ford, Robert" <robert_p_ford@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris Sloan <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 12:27:43 -0400

Yep, harrier is a bird of field and marsh . . .thought I would share an
interesting past observation though.  A few years ago I was in the field,
and on 2 occasions in late winter/early spring, I flushed a harrier out of
a small grassy patch in a small opening in thick forest a little before
sunrise.  I assumed roosting there, maybe in migration.  But that's not to
be "expected".

Bob Ford
Haywood County, TN