[TN-Bird] TV show to feature eagle rehab program today

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:47:18 EST

Good Morning Birders,
Those of you who can receive Nashville's CBS Channel 5 might want to look in
at a local Nashville program called TOAST (or TALK) OF THE TOWN at 12:30--1:30
PM CDT today.  Just as I got up a few minutes ago, a promo was on which
stated that Harry Chapman and Meryl "?" would be discussing "Tennessee's eagle
rehabilitation program" sometime on the show today.  I expect it may include
something about the releases of the two American bald eagles, "America" and
"Patriot," in Bell's Bend on Saturday about which I previously posted.  If they
show
video of those releases that is anywhere near as good as the one Channel 4
showed on Saturday, you'll be in for a treat.  Obviously, since I can neither
remember the last name of the lady host or the first word of the show's title
for
sure, you can tell that I don't normally watch the program.  I plan to tune
in today since the topic is of such great interest to me.  Sometimes, the
parent company CBS picks up "items" from local shows, so if this one is good,
YOUR
local CBS station may use it in a newscast at some point later.  I haven't
seen any "pick-up" on NBC of the Channel 4 story nationally, but I may leave
the
TV tuned to GOOD MORNING AMERICA while I houseclean this morning and see if,
by chance, they pick the story up.  They might since TWO of our American
symbols are involved and both Tennessee senators were there.  That makes it a
"human
interest" story.  I haven't seen anything on ABC's Channel 2 here, but really
haven't had time to look.  They very well may have done something equally
good.  I'm sure the senators' offices sent press releases to all media as they
usually would do.

Local Channel 4 is rerunning their "Eagle story" RIGHT NOW as type this.  I
can hear it on my TV which is in anther room.  They are sure giving it "good
press," so, who knows, maybe "Big NBC" will use it on GMA somewhere between 7 &
9 AM CDT today.  Channel 4 might run it at least ONE more time before 7 AM as
all the stations tend to repeat their morning news stories every hour at
least.

May you all be blessed with fabulous birds on the Christmas Bird Counts and
throughout 2005.  Wow, can you believe 2005 already???

Cheers & prayers,

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN