[TN-Bird] TOS has something to learn

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:36:08 -0400

TN-Birders:
TOS has been searching how to put the Tennessee Ornithological Society journal,
THE MIGRANT, online in a searchable format.

The Wisconsin Society for Ornithology has found a way for their journal to be
put online and have made it happen !

Maybe we can learn something.  TOS has appropriated the money.

Let's go birding....

Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN

On 9 Jul 2004, Jim Williams wrote:
> This note might be of interest to those of you who have reason to consult
> past issues of the journal of the Wisconsin Society for Ornithology. The
WSO
> has put the contents of The Passenger Pigeon on the web in a fully
> searchable format. Details on this valuable effort are described below.
> Jim Williams
> Wayzata
>
> ----------
> From: "Howe, Robert W." <hower@xxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 01:28:05 -0500
> To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [wisb] Passenger Pigeon on the web
>

> Wisconsin birders and researchers should be pleased to learn that Volumes
> 1-63 (through 2001) of the WSO publication, The Passenger Pigeon, are now
> available on the web in a fully searchable format.  This means that you
can
> enter a word or phrase (e.g., Yellow Rail, hummingbird, Tom Soulen) in
the
> "Search" window and you will be returned a list of articles and pages
where
> this term or phrase was used.
>
> The web resource is part of the University of Wisconsin Digital
Collection

http://libtext.library.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/EcoNatRes/EcoNatRes-idx?type=articl