[TN-Bird] Re: TOS archives

  • From: <cpnichol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 11:45:16 -0400

Once records are deposited in the UT Special Collections, they cannot be
removed from the reading rooms.  They can be photocopied.  A partial solution
to easier access may be to scan them prior to putting them in the archives,
converting them to PDF files (which cannot be altered as readily as some other
image formats), and putting them online.  I don't know if the demand would
justify the effort, and welcome discussion of this topic.  Also don't know if
this is the best solution for photo prints and slides.

Chuck N.
Norris, TN