[TN-Bird] [TN-bir] Graduate student looking for Scissor-tailed Flycatchers and Western Kingbirds

  • From: "Alex Worm" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "wormalex@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 12:45:20 -0700 (PDT)

My name is Alex Worm and I'm a graduate student at Arkansas State University
and I am looking for nest locations of Scissor-tailed Flycatchers (STFL) and
Western Kingbirds (WEKI). The two species have been documented to hybridize and
hybrid nest have been found around the Memphis area. I will be looking at
hybridization and range expansion in the two species around NE Arkansas, SE
Missouri, and eastern Tennessee. I am writing to ask for your help in mapping
the range expansion of the two species so I would love to here if anyone has
found any STFLs or WEKIs or hybrids in NE Arkansas, the boothill region of
Missouri, and around Memphis, TN. So if you have any locations please email me
detailed locations and dates as possible, this will greatly aid us in our
study, and keep a look out for potential hybrids!

Thanks so much,

Alex Worm