[TN-Bird] TN-KY Winter Hummer Update

  • From: "Chris Sloan" <chris.sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<humnet-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:01:34 -0600

After this weekend, five Rufous Hummingbirds in Tennessee & Kentucky are
now sporting shiny new aluminum jewelry.  Two were here in the Nashville
area on Saturday, and the other three were in Kentucky, with two in
Bowling Green and one in Russellville.  The Kentucky trip was a last
minute decision late Saturday evening after determining that there were
three birds within a close area not too far from Nashville.

I have updated my TN-KY Winter Hummer page (see URL below) to reflect
the weekend's efforts, in addition to a recent banding trip through east
Tennessee by Fred Moore, which yielded an exciting recapture of a Rufous
Hummingbird in Sevierville that was originally banded in February in
Tallahassee, Florida by Fred Bassett.

At this time, an unprecedented 17 birds are still believed to be present
in TN & KY.  At least 9 more have already come and gone.  A banner year
already, to say the least, and we've barely started!

http://home.comcast.net/~chris.sloan/WinterHummers.html

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN=20