[TN-Bird] Re: TN-Bird] Re: exceedingly rare oddity-- TWRA's enormous opportunity

  • From: Chris Sloan <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:42:28 -0500

Wallace-
We seem to be going in circles here, so let me be clearer.  I have no
agenda or bias here, other than being in favor of smart use of limited
funds for non-game conservation.  I'm asserting these facts:

1.  There is no definitive evidence that Golden Eagles have ever naturally
nested in Tennessee in the modern era.

2.  What anecdotal evidence there is suggests that, at best, nesting Golden
Eagles were extralimital and rare.

3.  The nearest natural breeding populations are 700-1000 miles away.

If you disagree with any of those, please cite your sources.  If not, then
I don't know what you expect these experts to tell us; those facts are all
I need to know to draw the conclusion that TWRA should not expend resources
on nesting Golden Eagles in Tennessee.

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN
http://www.chrissloanphotography.com