[TN-Bird] TN-BIRDS JUNK MAIL ACTION

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:36:31 -0400

TN-Birders:

Unfortunately, a junk mailer was able to post:
Subject: [TN-Bird] Make money in market
late today (Monday).

I have taken immediate action to block that mailing source
address and hopefully prevent further junk mail to TN-Birds.  Obviously, the
mailer had found a way to subscribe to TN-Birds and then send their junk
advertising.

Our bird net has remained relatively free of such junk.  However, we have
several options available to help contain this type of undesirable  mail:

    (1) Continue to block addresses from which such mail has been sent.
    (2) All subscribers to the list will have to get approval from the list
owner before they can be subscribed.
    (3) All messages to the list will require approval from the list owner
before they can be past on by the server to all subscribers.

For now,  we will continue as in the past.  We have begun to use step No. 1
for the present.

Obviously, we hope such junk advertising does not become a frequent problem
or of an offensive subject matter.

The owner of TN-Birds will make every effort to limit junk mail and still
assure that you enjoy the bird list as we have been able to do for such a
long time.  Let's hope so.

Let's go birding......

Wallace Coffey
Owner