[TN-Bird] Re: TN Conservationist promotes Sandhill Crane Festival with feature article

  • From: Melinda Welton <weltonmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vickie Henderson <Viclcsw@xxxxxxx>, tnbird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:11:21 -0500

Vicki
You¹ve done a fabulous job of capturing the exciting beauty and natural
history of Sandhill Cranes. Thank you for the historical context of the
Eastern population and Tennessee¹s role during the non-breeding season.
Thank you also for including information about upcoming TN Sandhill Crane
Festival January 19th and 20th at the Hiwassee Refuge.
Dang, you¹re a great writer!

Melinda Welton
One of the Festival Co-chairs
Franklin, TN

From: Vickie Henderson <Viclcsw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 08:40:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: tnbird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TN-Bird] TN Conservationist promotes Sandhill Crane Festival with
feature article

The Tennessee Conservationist Magazine, edited by Louise Zepp, is displaying
my sandhill crane article "Tennessee's Magestic Sandhill Cranes" as the
feature article for the November/December issue to help promote our sandhill
cranes festival taking place January 19th and 20th, 2013.

A special "thank you" to Louise for this wonderful visibility for the
festival.

Visit the following link to see the intro to the article and information
about the sandhill crane festival.  A second link will take you to the full
article.

http://www.tn.gov/environment/tn_consv/

The article spans four beautifully designed pages, and includes six full
color images, including one of my watercolor images of sandhill cranes
landing.  You can take a peek at the spreads in my blog post:
http://vickiehenderson.blogspot.com/

As you know, sandhill cranes are already arriving at the refuge thanks to
several TN-Bird reports.  Visit the TN Conservationist magazine article for
a sneak preview and put the festival on your calendar!

Vickie Henderson
Knox County
Knoxville, TN

http:// <http://vickiehendersonsketchbook.blogspot.com/>