[TN-Bird] TN Conservationist Magazine--Prothonotary Warblers in a Suburban Nest Box

  • From: viclcsw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 05:59:09 -0500 (EST)

The March/April issue of the TN Conservationist Magazine is off the press and
includes an article about the Prothonotary Warblers that nested in Cyndi and
Steve Routledges' nest box during the 2012 nesting season.  Cyndi and I
co-authored the article's text, but the story comes from Cyndi's many hours of
observations and is beautifully illustrated with her intimate photos of the
nesting family.  The article is described in more detail in my recent blog
post:
http://vickiehenderson.blogspot.com/2014/03/tennessee-conservationist-nest-box.html

If you are not already a subscriber to the TN Conservationist Magazine,
consider visiting the subscription page at their website:
http://www.tn.gov/environment/conservationist/conservationist_subscribe.shtml
  The magazine is self-supported by subscriptions, the price of which has
remained at a low $15.00 a year for many years.

Each issue contains informative conservation articles about Tennessee's
heritage and wildlife, with frequent articles about birds.  Many of the
photographers and authors are people you will recognize from both TOS and other
conservation organizations.  This is a well-circulated way to keep Tennessee
informed about the birds we enjoy and their future.

Vickie Henderson
Knoxville, TN
Knox County

http://vickiehenderson.blogspot.com/