[TN-Bird] Synchronous Feeding in American White Pelicans

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, albirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:40:51 EDT

Last week, I was privileged to watch the largest flock of White Pelicans
that I've ever seen, synchronous feeding.  I've seen a couple of hundred
pelicans before, only a couple of birds deep feeding this way but in this
large group, the feeding method created the perfect wave effect,  just like
seen
at a football game.

If interested try these photos staring at:
_http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/122962068_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/122962068)

You can increase or decrease the image size using by clicking on the sizes
listed below each photo.
Good Birding  !!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Road
Bartlett, TN  38135
http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/
What is this feathered thing that  lifts my heart to the heavens.