[TN-Bird] Standifer Gap Marsh 12-24-2005

  • From: Jacob Job <zjrj5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:05:49 -0800 (PST)

Life lister for me today to bring my big year to 211!!!  Not quite the biggest
ever, but nonetheless good for only southeastern birding.  I saw one of three
Sora's heard today.  Very hard to see but patience paid off and got a quick
look at one.  Didnt take the time to count the numbers of birds today, but I do
have a species list that is fairly good.

  Sora
  Great Blue Heron
  Northern Shoveler
  Northern Pintail
  Mallard
  Gadwall
  Canada Goose
  American coot
  Pied-bill Grebe
  Belted Kingfisher
  Green-winged Teal
  American Crow
  Red-tailed Hawk
  Red-shouldered Hawk
  Northern Mockingbird
  Northern Cardinal
  American Robin
  Blue Jay
  European Starling
  Red-winged Blackbird
  Rusty Blackbird
  Eastern Meadowlark
  Brown Thrasher
  Gray Catbird
  Eastern Bluebird
  Killdeer
  Mourning Dove
  Swamp Sparrow
  Song Sparrow
  Field Sparrow
  possible Grasshopper sparrow;  heard call note possibly; unconfirmed
  Winter Wren
  Marsh Wren
  Carolina Wren
  American Goldfinch