[TN-Bird] Re: Spring Wonderland

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:55:06 -0400

TN-Birders:

A check of waterfowl and shorebird areas in eastern Sullivan County today
(4/24) failed to turn up migrants grounded by the storm or any significant
change in numbers noted in previous days.  I had two American Goldfinches,
indicating the large wintering population has at least left my neighborhood.
Otherwise, the snow continued to fall througout the day and that did not
stop the birds from their spring singing.  Several species continued in full
song despite the wind, snow and dark clouds.  An amazing performance.

Let's go birding.....

Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN