[TN-Bird] Spring TOS meeting in Chattanooga

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 21:46:28 -0400

TN-birders,

We had a productive and birdy spring meeting in Chattanooga this past weekend.
The meeting was productive and the birding was excellent. About 30 species of
warblers was surely one of the birding highlights.

The TOS new logo competition had 7 entries. The membership did NOT vote to use
any of them, although everyone seemed to like parts of several of them. I will
be working on a couple of ideas for a new logo, including re-working the one we
have been using for ages. More to come.

A VERY big thanks to all the Chattanooga chapter members who worked hard to
host a fun meeting. It was appreciated by all. The food was delicious!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!

Next year is the 100th Spring meeting for our organization. We are having a 4
day weekend at Montgomery Bell State Park, April 30-May 3, 2015. The park is
taking reservations already! We are starting Thursday evening this time, and
culminating with Danny Shelton’s film of 100 years of TOS memories on Saturday
evening. It WILL be awesome! Please plan to attend. This is going to be very
special.

Great birding to all,

Ron Hoff
President / state bird count compiler