[TN-Bird] Special Junco

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 15:56:59 -0600

Birders,
     Just wanted to say that the Oregon Junco which has come to our
backyard is still present, but the juncos come and go on a very erratic
schedule.  They are more likely to be here early in the morning, but
sometimes mid-day and today near 5 P. M., but we get very good looks at the
special one who is quite distinctive and immediately easy to pick out.
 Thankfully, we have been able to get some pretty good photographs because
we scatter ground feed just a few feet from our Breakfast nook window.
 Merry Christmas and have a great birding year in 2113.
                                                           J. N. Howard,
Fiery Gizzard Cove, Marion County