[TN-Bird] Snow Goose/Ross's Goose

  • From: Tanager5556@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:39:00 -0400 (EDT)

I viewed a possible Snow Goose or Ross's Goose at the Chickamauga Lake
Marina where the Domestic Ducks and Ring-billed gulls hang out this  afternoon.
He was not interacting with the other ducks and stayed on the  fringe. He
had a pink bill that was black at the base with black around the  edges of
the bill. He had pink legs and feet. He flew briefly down into the  lagoon
showing a good view of black wing tips. He was feeding in the grass when  I
left him at 6 PM this evening.

J Marty Paige
Cleveland, TN
SW Bradley County